- Duration: 8 Days (approx.)
- Location: South Townsville, QLD
- Product code: PCM9EY
The Divemaster Course is the first professional level certification. During the course you will learn how to work with divers, lead certified divers, and act as a dive guide showing divers underwater dive sites and the marine life that inhabits those dives sites. You will increase your knowledge about physics and physiology as well as increase your proficiency with your scuba and snorkeling skills.
Who is this course for?
The advanced diver interested in working in the dive industry as a professional dive guide or moving on to become an instructor.
- Minimum age 18
- Certified Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent; advanced certification must include verifiable experience in deep, navigation, night, and limited visibility specialties
- Certified Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen provider
- Provided proof of at least 40 logged dives
* Note: First Aid, CPR or Emergency Oxygen Provider courses may be combined with the program by RAD's qualified RTO instructors.
What you can expect to learn:
The Divemaster Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- Agency standards and procedures
- History of Agency
- Code of ethics and professionalism of an Divemaster
- Products and procedures
- How to place an order
- Yearly renewals
- Liability and insurance
- Risk management
- Waivers and releases
- Filling out an accident report
- Knowledge Development
- Physics and physiology of diving
- Medical problems related to diving
- Use of dive computers and tables
- Diving environment
- Dive planning and dive management control
- Problem solving
- Underwater and surface communications
- Diver assistance
- Avoiding out of air and emergency situations
- Recommended safe diving practices
- Boat diving procedures
- Shore/beach diving procedures
- Night diving procedures
- Accident management
- Emergency procedures
- Leadership development
- Planning group dives
- Divemaster check lists and logs
For more information please visit our website or ask one of our staff members.
The Divemaster Course will be scheduled according to customers demand. If you are interested in taking this course just contact us and we will organise one according to your schedule and the availability of our instructors.