- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Location: South Townsville, QLD
- Product code: P2DU4G
You’ll find you enjoy your dives even more when you recognise the creatures that you see. The fun part about this course is you can use the skills you learn on every scuba diving vacation because once you learn the main fish families and characteristics it will help you decipher the species you see all over the world.
For example, a butterfly fish in the Caribbean has a similar shape to a butterfly fish in Southeast Asia, but their colors and markings maybe wildly different. If you know what fish family it belongs to, it becomes much easier to look up the local name or at least be able to intelligently ask the local scuba instructor what you saw. That works better than asking about a “yellow thingy with a funny tail fin.”What You Learn:
During two dives you gain hands-on (okay, eyes-on) experience in looking for and identifying the fascinating fish you see underwater.You’ll learn:
- How to identify characteristics of local fish families and species
- Fish survey techniques and strategies
- How to practice fish identification dive planning, organization and procedures
- Contact REMOTE AREA DIVING or visit Project AWARE Foundation to download your copy today.
Online theory completed at home
Day #1- 6:00am to 5:00pm (Theory Revision, Dives 1 & 2)
(Price includes training material, instructor, tanks & weights however does not include trip)