- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Location: South Townsville, QLD
- Product code: PU6PRD
At one point or another, many divers have found themselves alone during a dive, whether it was intentional or not. Solo Diving is the practice of self reliant scuba diving without a “dive buddy. ”Solo diving, once considered technical diving and discouraged by most certification agencies, is now seen by many experienced divers and some certification agencies as an acceptable practice for those divers suitably trained and experienced. Rather than relying on the traditional buddy diving safety system, solo divers should be skilled in self-sufficiency and willing to take responsibility for their own safety while diving.
The Solo Diver course stresses proper dive planning, personal limitations, and accident prevention, as well as the benefits, hazards, and proper procedures for diving solo. You will also learn the additional equipment that is required for solo diving including its proper usage and assembly. This is the perfect course for underwater photography and underwater video divers as well as those diving with their children or buddies that may not very experienced in scuba diving.Course prerequisites:
- Minimum age 21
- Certified Advanced Diver or equivalent
- Provide proof of 100 logged dives
The Solo Diver course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- Why solo dive?
- History of buddy diving
- Pros and cons of buddy diving and solo diving
- Legal liability assumed by buddy diving
- How to use the Solo Diving waiver and release
- Who must solo dive?
- The solo diving mentality
- When not to solo dive
- Equipment for solo diving
- Planning and conducting a solo dive
- Management of solo diving emergencies
- Review the Solo Diver Liability Release and Express Assumption of Risk Agreement Form
Online theory completed at home
Day #1- 6:00am to 5:00pm (Theory Revision, Dives 1 & 2)
(Price includes training material, instructor, tanks & weights however does not include trip)